Any person may find him/herself released or downsized from his/her job and not offered any Outplacement or Job Search Support Service. In such a case you can request that your company hire Compass Career Management Solutions, or you can hire them yourself. Compass Career Management provides multiple programs, including our QUICK START programs, that is a concentrated and direct process that helps you identify what areas you need more assistance in order to manage your own job search effectively.
The individual programs are based on the time spent assisting you with critical aspects of a job search. The approach of Compass Career Management is to put YOU in the “Driver’s Seat” of your job search, including services most commonly needed. Our services available include:
- Identifying Your Job Priorities (Determining your preferences in a job)/Goals
- Reviewing Your Core Competencies and What Position Might Match These Capabilities
- Selecting an Appropriate Industry That Utilizes Your Skills
- If Preferred, Assessments Can Be Provided?
- Developing a Creative and Productive Marketing Plan to Promote Yourself
- Organization of and Management of Your Time/Efforts
- Networking Skills Instruction
- Selection and Use of Resources, including the Internet and Social Media
- Interview Technique Coaching
- Salary Negotiation
A session is usually about 60 minutes long, though your initial session tends to run 20-30 minutes longer. You can choose to spend more time in those areas where you may value more assistance, and manage the timing accordingly. You can also receive a professional career transition manual, which is a useful resource now and if needed in the future. Compass Career Management is also willing to connect you with some of their network, when appropriate.